This is the first time that I’ve seen apps that have had research done that indicates they actually support/improve memory and focus with children.
How exciting is this????
There are so many things you can do to help students (ADD/ADHD Alternative in the Classroom by Thomas Armstrong) with ADD and ADHD and according to some researchers (Bender & Bender, 1996; Ford, Poe, &Cox 1993; Millman, 1984). The computer is effective with these students because of the following:
- High speed, instant feedback
- Bright colors/sounds
- Interactive capabilities
- Ability to control stimuli
Here is the list of the 11 apps you’ll want to try:
1. My ADHD app (free)
2. ADHD test TKT Brain Solutions (free)
3. ADHD Lite (free) or $2.99 for full version
4. Brain Trainer Working Memory by Nicholas Cross (free)
5. Thinking Time by Kiko Labs (free lite) or $4.99 pro
6. Attention and Memory Exercises for Preschoolers (free)
7. PictoPlan by The iFactory
8. Smarty Bean by Benny Lo (free)
9. Fit Brains Trainer by Vivity Labs (free)
10. Fit Brain: Focus Trainer by Vivity Labs (free)
11. Memory Games by Irina Scheres (free)
Check out the video and watch a quick demo of # 4, #5, #6 and #10!!!
Try these with your kids and let me know what happens!!!
Until next time!